SER cancels 16 winter special trains
The South Eastern Railway (SER) on Monday announced the cancellation of several winter special trains. Several trains including those passing through Tatanagar and various other railway stations under Chakradharpur Railway Division have been cancelled.
The circular issued by Garden Reach, the Kolkata-based headquarters of South Eastern Railway said that the 02822 Santragachi-Pune Special leaving Santragachi on November 18, the 02834 Santragachi-Rajkot Special leaving Santragachi on November 17, 08093 Shalimar-Bhanjpur Special leaving Shalimar on November 17 and 02833 Rajkot-Santragachi Special leaving Rajkot on November 19 will remain cancelled.
The 02822 Santragachi-Pune Special train reaches Tatanagar on Saturdays at 10 pm while the 02834 Santragachi-Rajkot Special reaches here at 12.50 pm on Friday. The 08093 Shalimar-Bhanjpur Special reaches here around midnight of every Friday while the 02833 Rajkot-Santragachi Special reaches here on every Tuesday at 12.45 pm.
An SER spokesperson said, "We have cancelled all 16 special trains between November 17 and 19 for installation work of new
system and remodeling of railway yard at the Kharagpur railway station. Of 16, four special trains travel via Tatanagar and other railway stations on the Howrah-Mumbai route."
Two other special trains 08628 Ranchi-Howrah Special leaving Ranchi on November 19 and 08627 Howrah-Ranchi Special leaving Howrah on November 19 would also remain cancelled because of the track work at Kharagpur junction.
On the other hand, it seems there are no end to the woes of passengers as fog in the northern parts of the country, particularly the national capital New Delhi, has taken a toll on train schedules.
As many as four trains -- New Delhi - Puri Neelanchal Express, New Delhi- Bhubaneshwar Sampark Kranti Express, Bhubaneshwar- New Delhi Rajdhani Express and Puri-New Delhi Purushottam Superfast Express are getting delayed at Tatanagar from past one week.
Railway officials said that dense fog in the northern parts of the country is taking a toll on movement of passenger trains. "We have opened an extra counter at the railway station for refund of tickets and also to inform the passengers about the latest status of trains," said an official.
Officials at the ticket booking counter said that several passengers are opting for cancellation of tickets due to delayed running
of the train.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar