Seven get life term in Jatpura killing case
The court of Additional District and Sessions Judge III Shambhu Lal Sao awarded life imprisonment to seven convicts in the Jatpura killing case. Besides the imprisonment the court also imposed fine of Rs. 100000 on three convicts while Rs. 50000 on other four with the order that they would have to undergo additional term of three years and two years respectively simple imprisonment in default of payment.
The convicted persons are Sanjeeet Singh, Guddu Singh, Yashwant Singh, Ramesh Singh, Dharmendra Singh, Guddu Mehta and Surendra Pal. After completing the hearing of ST207/17, all seven accused, including main accused Sanjit Singh, were awarded sentence by the court on Thursday. As many as 28 witnesses recorded their statements during the speedy trial In this case.
In Jatpura shootout, Uday Yadav and his two sons, Niranjan Yadav, Bimlesh Yadav were killed, while the raging crowd had beaten the contractor manager Satyendra Singh to death. A case was filed against Sanjeeet Singh, Guddu Singh, Yashwant Singh, Ramesh Singh, Dharmendra Singh, Guddu Mehta, Surendra Pal.
The case dates back to May 19, 2017 when at Pipri-Jatpura village under Bishunpura police station, villagers were protesting sand evacuation from Banki river band located near the cremation ground. The contractors were taking the sand by citing their lease. Balu Ghat contractor Dharmaveer Singh's cousin came face to face with a bloody clash that killed four people including three villagers.
Sanjit Singh and others were accused of killing three people of the same family, father Uday Yadav (55 years) and his two sons Niranjan Yadav (35 years) and Vimlesh Yadav (30 years). On the other hand, the manager of sand contractor, Satyendra Singh (40 years) a resident of Aurangabad district of Bihar was beaten to death by sticks and stones by the angry villagers in the reaction and villagers also fifteen trucks, two poklein machines, a motorcycle and a Bolero were torched.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur