- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
State first to open Single Window for farmers: Agri Min
Jharkhand has the credit of becoming the first state to set up Single Window Centre (SWC) for farmers where they can get all information related to farming at one place. Counting the achievements during the last 1000 days in office at Suchna Bhawan in Ranchi, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Cooperative Minister Randhir Singh also added that five new colleges under Birsa Agriculture University (BAU) had been established and classes have also been started there.
“We are the first to implement Single Window Centre in the country to provide all agriculture related information to farmers at a single place. Presently, out of the 100 such centres sanctioned in the year 2016-17, 17 are functional while 100 more are to come up soon during the current financial year,” said Singh. To help farmers deal with their day to day problem, Chief Minister Helpline number was also issued on April 22, 2017 which is open round the clock, added the minister.
Singh further said that an effort was also being made to provide relief to farmers in the State by charging an interest of merely 1 per cent instead of 7 per cent, if they clear their agriculture loans within the stipulated time frame.
Referring to suicides by the debt-ridden farmers during the last few months, Singh cleared that the bank officials have been directed not to serve notices or take coercive action against farmers if they were not able to clear their dues on time.
“A total of 7 incidents of suicide allegedly by the debt-ridden farmers have taken so far during the last 1000 days,” he said.
Singh said that that there has been an increase of 33 per cent in the production of food grains after 2014-15. “Total produce of food grains during 2014-15 was 51.125 lakh metric tons which has increased up to 68.82 lakh metric ton making a total increase of 33 per cent,” said the minister. To provide more irrigation facilities to the farmers for rabi crops, around 72000 dovas have also been dug out in the State along with 675 deep borings and 852 percolation tanks, he added.
Talking about Animal Husbandry and Bovine Development, Singh said that the milk production during the financial year 2016-17 has increased to 54 lakh liters from 38 lakh liters during 2014-15.
“An ultramodern dairy plant has also been established at Hotwar having a capacity of 1 lakh liters, while the work has been started for a similar plant of 50,000 liters capacity each at Sahebganj, Deoghar and Palamu. A peas processing plant with the help of Mather Dairy has also been established at Nagri near Ranchi and 24 milk routes in 15 districts have also been formed,” he added.
Singh also said that a single Jharkhand State Cooperative Bank has been formed by merging 7 different district central cooperative banks.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar