Tata Steel dedicates Water ATM facility
Tata Steel West Bokaro Division dedicated two Water Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) to the residents of Bhailgarha village under Mandu block of Ramgarh district.
The water ATMs were inaugurated by Anand Kumar, chief, capacity enhancement project, Tata Steel West Bokaro.
The project was implemented by Tata Project Limited, Hyderabad at a cost of Rs 17 lakhs (approx.) with an objective to provide potable water to the residents of Bhailgarha to prevent water-borne diseases effecting the population in the village.
The two Water ATMs comprise of a despatcher unit fitted with Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Ultraviolet (UV) system and a water tank of 1500 litres capacity. The project will benefit 161 families of Bhailgarha. Each Water ATM will disperse 100 litres of water per hour.
Each family has been provided with a Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) ATM Card which will allow them to collect water on their own. The operation, maintenance and housekeeping contract of these Water ATMs have been given to two local Self Help Groups (SHGs), namely, Srijan SHG and Jyoti SHG.
15 women members of these SHGs have been provided with hands-on training on how to operate the ATMs.
These SHGs will collect Rs 60 per month from each beneficiary family towards operation and maintenance cost.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun