TSAF flags off expedition to Mt Kanamo
Tata Steel Adventure Foundation (TSAF) on Monday flagged off an expedition to Mt Kanamo 19,600 ft in Spiti HP Himalaya. The expert TSAF staff Rajendra Singh Pal, Hemant Gupta and Ms Bachendri Pal will be conducting the expedition which comprises of ten employees and ten rural youth. The expedition team will reach Kaza the last road head of the expedition on August 14.
They will trek to Kibber on August 16. Kibber is the highest village in the World. Summit attempt would be on August 19 and 20th. The expedition would return on August 25. Kibber village, perched atop a rocky ridge offers a splendid view of the surrounding peaks.
These ranges support a variety of wildlife including wild ungulates such as the ibex and bharal, small mammals like the mountain hare and carnivores including the red fox, wolf and the charismatic snow leopard. The expedition will focus on not only reaching the summit but also on promoting leadership.
- Bhagat inaugurates Garib Kalyan Mela 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėWalkathon‚Äô awares on making heart healthier 24 Sep 2017 | pns | in Ranchi
- Several witness sun coming out during equinox 24 Sep 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Palamu MP celebrates 1,000 days of completion 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- First ever Noamundi Run-a-thon on Oct 8 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 20 Tayo workers injured in police lathi charge 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM: Foundation for Patratu plant soon 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- inbrief 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tripura temple made with 2L coconut rinds 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Management fest kicks off at IIM Ranchi 24 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi