VBU elections: 13 nominations for 4 posts
The second phase of student union election of Vinoba Bhave University began on Friday with the publication of voters list. On January 13 candidates of different student organisations filed their papers for the university level student union for which voting and counting is scheduled to be held on January 19.
Since this second phase of election will be an indirect election so activities of office bearers of different student organizations has increased suddenly. In this election the winners of different colleges and PG department are the voters so the role of money and muscle power is bound to come in play in the days to come. The results of first phase of election clearly says that ABVP is far ahead here in comparison to other student organisation but after the announcement of results, incidents took place in different colleges, are worrying the peace loving teachers and staffs of the university.
On January 13 the candidates of different student organization came into university premises with an open show of strength. The office of the returning officer for this election was in the chamber of dean, humanities and the way followers of different candidates behaved with the teachers has not only irked them but forced them to write an open letter to the university administration to identify and book the miscreants in the incidents took place in different colleges and in university premises.
For four posts of university student union 13 candidates have filed their nomination papers. It is surprising that out of 13, seven are girl candidates. Election is going to be held for the posts of president, general secretary, vice president and joint secretary.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur