Women SHGs play vital role in taking schemes to remotest areas, says DC
Women associated with Self Help Groups (SHGs) have not just worked for themselves but have played a pivotal role in taking several schemes of Centre and State government even at the remotest areas. Women SHGs working on different frontages are the link between the policy makers and the public, especially those who even live in the absence of basic amenities said Ranchi DC, Manoj Kumar.
Appreciating the work undertaken by Livelihood Mission Centre at Angara block, Ranchi DC, Manoj Kumar during the monthly meet ‘Media Samvad’ on Saturday said, “The Livelihood Mission Centre established here has aided several women SHGs. Under the scheme, this centre provides `15,000 initially to the SHGs, if SHGs are capable of boosting the business taken by them; it immediately provides `1 lakh assistance to such SHGs through banks under credit linkage facility.”
The centre has established itself as a ‘Model Centre’ from where the womenfolk are invited to provide training to other women associated with different SHGs functioning across the State, said the DC. Also, women of Livelihood Mission Centre, Angara have established themselves as the master trainers.
“At least one member from each household here is associated with some or the other kind of SHGs which has resulted in economic independence and promoted the culture of poultry farming and other agro-related activities on a much wider scale. Several women have also visited southern states and other parts of the country,” Kumar said.
Notably, the women SHGs associated with Livelihood Mission Centre are not just active in poultry farming but have also left their mark in other activities too which includes engaging themselves as ‘Bank-Mitras’ and ‘Pashu-Sakhi’.
A sufficient number of women here are serving as ‘Bank Mitras’ and ‘Pashu-Sakhi’ here creating difference in several people lives.
Sharing other details, the DC further said, “As per the Central Government plan, around 115 districts will be developed on 48 related parameters. From Jharkhand, 19 districts will be covered under this proposal for which the base-line survey is expected to get complete by March 2018. Later on the selected agency will prepare the development report and sent it to NITI Aayog and related agencies.”
During the review meet, a few women shared their success stories while an associate of Livelihood Mission Centre said that the SHGs have helped the women to become self dependent promoting several activities. The women present on the occasion admitted that through credit linkage system SHGs are supported by the banks for further expanding their business.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun