- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
XLRI organises cleanliness drive
The students of XLRI along with Tongji University, China in an attempt to spread the cleanliness message launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi organised a cleanliness drive at Sonari, Jamshedpur. A part of the Swachchh Bharat Abhiyan campaign which has increasingly been gaining momentum across the country, the drive was organised in association with the Marketing Association of XLRI (MAXI).
Student volunteers from XLRI and its partner institute Tongji University, China cleaned up the area and put up messages in the locality promoting cleanliness. Lending their support to the initiative was JUSCO (Jamshedpur Utilities and Services Company) who ensures that Jamshedpur remains one of the cleanest city in India. Fifteen partner schools across Jamshedpur promised to join in this XLRI initiative, with students cleaning their respective school premises. In the past week students of Narberam Hansraj English School, DBMS English, School, Sacred Heart Convent, Rajendra Vidyalaya helped to spread the message.
The Swachchh Bharat Abhiyan, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in October calls for famous personalities, schools, colleges and other institutions to contribute towards achieving the vision of ‘Clean India’ by 2019. This is done by nominating others to join the campaign and clean their surrounding areas. XLRI will also be nominating institutions and personalities across the country so that they can continue the work and make the vision come true.
The Marketing Association of XLRI Jamshedpur (MAXI) will also attempt create a Guinness World Record for the largest hand washing relay during the annual MAXI Fair which will be held on January 17 and 18. This attempt will be undertaken with the support of Dettol India at the XLRI campus on January 18. MAXI aims to create a record with at least 1,000 people taking part in the hand washing relay. In addition to being a disguised market research and consumer behavior fair, MAXI Fair, organised in association with Canara Bank will also spread the message of Swachchh Bharat initiative.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi