- Fresh 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia's Lombok
- Wrestler Bajrang Punia wins gold in men's 65 kg in Asian Games in Jakarta
- India opens medal count at Asiad with bronze in rifle mixed team
- Kerala flood toll reaches 370, rescue operations continue
- Vajpayee's ashes immersed in the Ganges at Har ki Pairi
‘State Govt sells water to industries at public expense’
The BJP on Thursday slammed the State Government for supplying water to industries without giving priority to meet minimum requirement of water of people.
“While there is acute shortage of water to meet irrigation and drinking needs in Kalahandi district, the State Government is supplying 30,000 cubic metre of water from the Tel river to the Sesa Sterlite every day,” said party vice-president Sameer Mohanty quoting a Chief Minister’s reply in the State Assembly.
He further stated that the State Government has planned to give 2,608.2 million cubic water to industries that have been established on catchment areas of 11 rivers across the State.
“It is understood from the Chief Minister’s reply that the State Government has planned to supply 111.92 million cubic metre water for drinking purpose and 1,280 million cubic water for industries from the Mahanadi. Thus, the State Government has planned to supply 10 times of drinking water to industries,” said Mohanty.
Reiterating that the BJP is all committed to fight to ensure adequate flow of water in the Mahanadi during non-monsoon season, Mohanty said, “The BJD is playing drama by not protecting Mahanadi water in downstream during monsoon and alleging that Chhattisgarh is providing water to industries.”
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur