Breaking BRICS’ impasse on terror
CANCER CURE BY 2018: RESEARCHERS
British scientists are in the process of developing an immune therapy based on blood cells from patients who have made “miracle” recoveries from cancer, a breakthrough that could lead to potential cure for millions. Early results from tests conducted in laboratory not only signal better treatment for cancer but also a potential cure that could be ready to test on patients as early as next year, the express.co.uk reported. The novel therapy involves neutrophil cells — which form part of the body’s first line of defence against foreign invaders. Neutrophils kill cancer cells either directly by destroying them with chemicals or antibodies or indirectly by recruiting other immune system cells. The researchers noted that they have found a way to extract the cancer-killing immune cells from donor blood and then multiply them by the million.
ALCOHOL WON’T CHANGE YOUR PERSONALITY
When you’re looking to forget an embarrassing drunken night, it’s common to blame it on the alcohol. But a new study has found that alcohol does not change your personality, the Daily Mail reported. For the study, 156 participants completed a survey regarding their alcohol intake and their perception of their ‘sober’ personality and ‘drunk’ one. At the lab, participants were given a breathalyser test and researchers made a note of their height and weight. They then consumed individually-tailored beverages to produce a blood alcohol content of about .09 over the course of 15 minutes. There after they had to work through a series if activities like “discussion questions and logic puzzles”, the report stated.
NOW CONTROL YOUR DIABETES VIA PHONE
Diabetics, soon you may be able to manage your condition using your phone. The days are not far when you would be able to direct your pancreas to bring back your blood sugar levels back to normal through an app, says a new study. The study, published in Trends in Molecular Medicine, examined how in the recent future we’d be able to tie smartphone technology with diabetes for easier management. Researchers said our bodies have an electrical network that can be used to manipulate and help control how it works. Based on the data available on a wide range of nerve stimulating procedures, the researchers have analysed how it can be advantageous for treating inflammatory disorders like arthritis and infections like sepsis. They further noted that nerve stimulation provides therapeutic benefits in treating colitis, diabetes, obesity, and pancreatitis.
- K’taka CM plants paddy saplings in solidarity with agriculturists 12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held with theme ‘Shaping A New India’ from Jan 18 to 20 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Hardik Patel, two Cong MLAs detained before taking ‘Jal Samadhi’ 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain subsides but situation still serious in Kerala 12 Aug 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brajesh’s son detained, CBI orders fresh digging 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Jammu will take up arms if Art 35-A revoked: BJP MLA 12 Aug 2018 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- Modi: Society that doesn’t innovate will stagnate 12 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- RaGa denied permission to visit Osmania 12 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath slams Rahul’s ‘chipko abhiyan’ in LS 12 Aug 2018 | Biswajeet Banerjee/ Prakash Arya | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delhi statehood: AAP’s Gopal Rai seeks appointment with PM Modi 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...