- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
12-yr-old mowed down by school bus, one kid injured
A 12-year-old boy was killed while his 10-year-old friend got injured when a School bus of British School Chanakyapuri mowed them down while they were playing on the roadside near Vivekananda Camp in the area, on Friday evening. The driver has been arrested by the police and a case under IPC Sections 304A was registered for causing death due to negligence and rash driving.
According to the police, the incident took place around 5 pm, when the driver of the bus was parking the vehicle.
“One child, identified as Rahul, son of a labourer, was knocked down and sustained critical head injuries. Another child, Jaideep, who was also playing nearby, also got hurt. They were rushed to a hospital where the doctors declared Rahul dead, while Jaideep was admitted for treatment,” said a senior police officer.
Police said that Rahul's family was informed and his body was sent for a post mortem. “A case under IPC Sections 304A was registered for causing death due to negligence and rash driving. The accused driver, Reshampal, who is on the job on contract basis, was arrested from the spot,” police said.
Just five days ago, a 14-year-old child was also crushed under tractor carrying debris in northwest Delhi late on Monday evening. A day before this, a 41-year-old auto rickshaw driver was killed after an SUV hit his vehicle in south Delhi's Safdarjung Enclave area. Delhi's Chanakyapuri is a diplomatic enclave and a high-security area as many foreign embassies are located here.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Model School exhibiting a brilliant performance emerged as the overall winner of 64th SGFI Inter School Ball Badminton Tournament 2018. The tournament was played in city whose finale was played here on Wednesday...