2 Indians held for printing counterfeit Nepali notes
Two Indian nationals have been arrested for their alleged involvement in printing counterfeit Nepalese rupee notes, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a special team of police caught Balbir Singh, 22, and Krishna Singh, 20, on Thursday from Bhimdutta Municipality of Far-Western region when they were printing counterfeit Nepalese rupee notes of denomination of `1,000, police said.
Various chemicals and equipment used for printing fake bank notes were seized from their possession, the police said.
Balbir and Krishna were earlier printing fake Nepalese currency from India, police said, adding that further investigation in the matter is going on.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...