11 Saudi princes detained for protest
Riyadh: The Saudi police have arrested 11 princes for protesting at the ruling palace in Riyadh and defying orders to leave, a state-linked Saudi news website reported on Saturday. The princes protested over the decision of the Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to stop the Government from paying the power and water bills of princes and their demands to get compensation for the execution of a prince last year who was convicted in a murder case, Sabq local online news reported, quoting unnamed officials.
Imran marries for third time? Aides deny report
Islamabad: Pakistan's opposition leader and cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan is believed to have tied the knot for the third time with a woman he used to visit for spiritual guidance, a Pakistani daily claimed on Sunday.
Rohingya rebel ambush wounds 3: Myanmar army
Yangon: Two Myanmar security officers and a driver were wounded by Rohingya rebels who ambushed their vehicle in northern Rakhine state, the army said today, the first apparent insurgent attack to hit the violence-scarred region in weeks.
Rakhine was plunged into crisis last August after a series of militant raids that killed at least a dozen officials prompted a brutal military crackdown that sent some 650,000 Rohingya Muslims fleeing to Bangladesh.
While the army insists it only targeted Rohingya rebels, the UN has accused Myanmar troops of waging an ethnic cleansing campaign against the persecuted minority.
- Iran’s Khamenei: ‘Negotiations with US useless’ 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- France, Russia send humanitarian aid to Syria for Ghouta victims 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- CIA: China is waging a ‘quiet kind of cold war’ against US 22 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Germany drops sanctions on Turkey, relaxes travel advice 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Keep sanctions on N Korea: US to UN 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- ISI pressuring judiciary to get favourable verdicts: Pak judge 22 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Zim Prez assures white farmers their land is safe 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Trump: ‘Perhaps illegal’ for lawyer to tape client 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Bihar to grant reservation in promotions to SCs/STs 22 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Stalin blasts AIADMK for supporting NDA Govt 22 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...