25-year-old body builder electrocuted
A 25-year-old body builder who had participated in national level events was electrocuted at his terrace while he was trying to erect a metal frame for a banner at his house in outer Delhi’s Kirari area.
Police say that he had accidentally touched the overhead high tension wire passing over his house. Family members of the youth however staged a protest demanding compensations from the power supply company.
The incident was reported around 4.30pm on Friday when the youth, Luv Kumar had climbed to the terrace to fix the banner.
He used help his brother Inder Verma and his father Sunil to run their family owned jewellery shop in the Aman Vihar colony. Locals said that they had heard a loud crash and sparks from the overhead wire.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...