4 boys have joined hands in Guj but won't achieve much: Prasad
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Saturday took a dig at Rahul Gandhi, saying three "boys" from Gujarat have joined hands with him for the State polls but they won't be able to achieve much as the BJP will easily retain power.
Speaking at a newspaper event here, the Law Minister also said that "two boys" had come together for Uttar Pradesh polls this year-- Rahul Gandhi and Akhilesh Yadav of Samajwadi Party had entered into an alliance, but had lost the elections."In Gujarat, four boys (apparently referring to Rahul Gandhi, Hardik Patel, Jignesh Mewani, Alpesh Thakore) have come together" he said. "One has gone from Delhi. The Rest of are from Gujarat."
"In a democracy, political parties have right to join hands with any party (Loktantra mein har ko har ki sawaari karne kaa adhikaar hai," he said."But, the work which has been done in Gujarat (by the BJP), and the mood of the people, you will see the results," he said.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...