‘Animal-based food harmful to human health’
Amidst the raging debate in the country on beef eating and sporadic lynching crimes related to it, top most medical institutions from across the world, including AIIMS, have advocated that animal-based food like meat and eggs were harmful to human health in a big way.
According to a documentary film “The Evidence-- Meat Kills” to be released shortly, senior journalist and documentary filmmaker Mayank Jain has documented clinching evidence from topmost medical institutions of the world. He, however, to avoid any controversies arising out from the subject, has left out cow slaughter issues and beef eating in his film though other animals like buffalo, pig, dog, chicken, lamb, fish consumed by human.
“The film is basically not to appreciate or to criticize anyone, religion, caste of for that matter kind of politics. My only point is to think on innocent animals being slaughtered mercilessly. Animal slaughter is an on-going emotive issue, often invites violent reaction from so-called right wingers in the form of flared-up tempers, lynching and mayhem all over the country. Rather than carrying out an endless blame game, could there be a non-violent healthy solution to the crisis,” Jain told The Pioneer talking about his 75 minute documentary produced by him spanning over a period of time.
Many renowned senior professors from AIIMS, Tata Memorial Hospital and foreign research institutes based in Canada and America have been interviewed extensively for this documentary.
This science-based film raises issues about the role of poor lifestyle-- especially improper eating habits (including high fat and high sweet vegetarian diet)-- in the spread of chronic diseases like cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, kidney disorders, neurological problems etc.
The film also shows that, owing to increased intake of animal-based food and fast foods, there is an abnormally high increase in the spread of colorectal cancers, heart problems, kidney failures and type-2 diabetes throughout the world. “While the mobs must take the blame for violence, the trigger to this violence comes from killing animals for food,” added Jain.
He has several other acclaimed documentaries like The Bangla Crescent-- ISI, Madrasas & Infiltration and The Gujarat Miracle released by senior BJP leaders Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley in his kitty.
- K’taka CM plants paddy saplings in solidarity with agriculturists 12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held with theme ‘Shaping A New India’ from Jan 18 to 20 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Hardik Patel, two Cong MLAs detained before taking ‘Jal Samadhi’ 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain subsides but situation still serious in Kerala 12 Aug 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brajesh’s son detained, CBI orders fresh digging 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Jammu will take up arms if Art 35-A revoked: BJP MLA 12 Aug 2018 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- Modi: Society that doesn’t innovate will stagnate 12 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- RaGa denied permission to visit Osmania 12 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath slams Rahul’s ‘chipko abhiyan’ in LS 12 Aug 2018 | Biswajeet Banerjee/ Prakash Arya | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delhi statehood: AAP’s Gopal Rai seeks appointment with PM Modi 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
NMDC’s Bailadila Iron Ore Mine, Bacheli Complex has been awarded ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ for the year 2017-18 by Federation of Mineral Industries (FIMI) for outstanding work in sustainability, a company press release informed on Tuesday. For the first time, FIMI has introduced Sustainability Award for mining industries of India...