‘India has always given me so much love, the crowd goes crazy & everyone is super nice’
Dutch DJ Martin Garrix talks to Sangeeta Yadav about his recent performance in Goa at TimeOut 72 and some interesting stories behind his popular songs Animals & Scared To Be Lonely
How did it feel performing in India again at the Timeout 72 music festival?
It was amazing. I just love the Indian crowd. It was a special performance as I played unreleased tracks in collaboration with Guetta, titled Like I Do. I like to surprise my fans with something special so this was for them.
What are some of your memories from your previous performances in India?
India has always given me so much love. The crowd goes crazy and everyone is super nice. I love being here ever since my first performance in 2013.
Can you share some interesting stories about super hit tracks?
The funny thing about Animals is that I produced it in my room and never thought that it would turn my world upside down. An interesting fact about Scared To Be Lonely is that Dua Lipa and I met for the first time on the set of the music video.
What was the turning point?
I would say the big change that I had in my life was when Animals became such a big hit. All of a sudden I had to grow up.
What’s your secret to success?
My work ethics, which comes from my love for music. It never feels like I’m working. I’m super thankful to my fans. I hope that I can be a good example for them.
Would you like to experiment with Indian music?
I love experimenting with different sounds but it would be difficult to say what it’s going to be like. That’s something that always comes together once I’m working on it in the studio.
How was your experience working with so many artists?
I have learnt so much from artists that I’ve worked with. That’s what I love about collaborating, you share ideas and creativity to work on something special together.
How is STMPD RCRDS doing?
I’m super happy with the amazing music we have released in the past year. Recent releases include tracks from CMC$, Salvatore Ganacchi and an EP from Codes. We will release some remixes of There For You very soon!
What advice would you give to aspiring DJs?
Work hard and never give up.
How was 2017 for the music world and what to expect in 2018?
I think 2017 had a lot of great moments for music with some amazing new talent emerging. I hope 2018 will be even better.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...