Baghdad bombing kills 8, hurts 10
Iraqi officials say a suicide bombing in Baghdad has killed eight and wounded at least 10 others.
Police and hospital officials say the Saturday blast struck a northern Baghdad neighborhood targeting a police checkpoint on a busy street, and that a number of policemen were among the wounded.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. The number of bombings in Baghdad has decreased significantly over the past few months since the country's security forces retook nearly all the territory once held by the Islamic State group. The extremist group claimed near-daily bombings in Baghdad over much of last year when it still held large swaths of territory in the country.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...