Cold claims 9 lives in Nepal
At least nine people have died in southern Nepal districts over the past 48 hours due to intense cold weather.
Six people died in Saptari district and three in Rautahat district due to shivering cold, according to the police.
Many children and aged people have fallen sick in the region with the occurrence of cold waves. Most of those who died are the elderly.
It is normal for people to become affected by hypothermia due to the cold, said Dr Ranjit Kumar Jha, a senior consultant at Sagarmatha Zonal Hospital in Saptari district.
Daily dozens of people suffering from cold are coming to hospital for medical treatment.
- Iran’s Khamenei: ‘Negotiations with US useless’ 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- France, Russia send humanitarian aid to Syria for Ghouta victims 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- CIA: China is waging a ‘quiet kind of cold war’ against US 22 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Germany drops sanctions on Turkey, relaxes travel advice 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Keep sanctions on N Korea: US to UN 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- ISI pressuring judiciary to get favourable verdicts: Pak judge 22 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Zim Prez assures white farmers their land is safe 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Trump: ‘Perhaps illegal’ for lawyer to tape client 22 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Bihar to grant reservation in promotions to SCs/STs 22 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Stalin blasts AIADMK for supporting NDA Govt 22 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...