Geeta doesn't recognise couple claiming to be her parents
Geeta, a deaf and mute girl who returned to India in 2015 after spending several years in Pakistan where she had landed accidentally as a child, today didn't recognise a couple from Bihar who had claimed that she was their long-lost daughter.
"We arranged a meeting between a Nalanda-based couple, Ramswaroop Choudhary and Chinta Devi, and Geeta. But after meeting them she conveyed through gestures that they are not her parents," social justice department's joint director B C Jain told PTI.
A district official said that two more persons who have claimed that Geeta is their missing daughter -- one from Ahmednagar in Maharashtra and another from Jharkhand's Jaamtada district -- will be introduced to Geeta at the collector's office here on December 11.
So far more than ten families from different parts of the country have claimed that Geeta is their daughter. But none of them could establish the claim.
- K’taka CM plants paddy saplings in solidarity with agriculturists 12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held with theme ‘Shaping A New India’ from Jan 18 to 20 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Hardik Patel, two Cong MLAs detained before taking ‘Jal Samadhi’ 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain subsides but situation still serious in Kerala 12 Aug 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brajesh’s son detained, CBI orders fresh digging 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Jammu will take up arms if Art 35-A revoked: BJP MLA 12 Aug 2018 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- Modi: Society that doesn’t innovate will stagnate 12 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- RaGa denied permission to visit Osmania 12 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath slams Rahul’s ‘chipko abhiyan’ in LS 12 Aug 2018 | Biswajeet Banerjee/ Prakash Arya | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delhi statehood: AAP’s Gopal Rai seeks appointment with PM Modi 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...