Jaypee promoter meets buyers camping outside company’s office
Jaypee Infratech promoter Manoj Gaur on Saturday came out to address thousands of angry buyers of the company’s unfinished properties.
The buyers, numbering anywhere between 5,000 and 10,000 have been camping outside the company’s Sector 128 Noida office since Saturday morning. Most of the buyers want refund of their money.
“Your money won’t go anywhere, I will not be able to sleep till I deliver your house,” Gaur told the irate buyers amidst police bandobast.
Gaur was accompanied by insolvency resolution professional Anuj Jain from KPMG and officials of IDBI Bank.
The Allahabad Bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on Wednesday accepted lender IDBI Bank’s plea and admitted Jaypee as a case for insolvency resolution.
Anuj Jain, the insolvency professional, will sit with Jaypee’s creditors now to see if a resolution of the company’s debt is possible. He has 270 days to do this. The company’s board will remain suspended in this period.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...