- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
L-G inspects Anand Vihar ISBT
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians.
Baijal also suggested those vehicles that regularly enter the ISBT should utilise Radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology as it would reduce stoppage time at fee counters on entry and exit points. RFID uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to object.
He further advised 'Public Welfare Department' (PWD) to look into the demands related to reengineering of roads and flyovers for better traffic movement at the earliest.
The issue of skywalk connecting Anand Vihar metro station to Patparganj Industrial area was also raised during the visit. The officials of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation' (DMRC) were also directed to survey the area and execute the proposal if found feasible or suggest alternative solutions for smoother movement of pedestrians, a release from the L-G office stated.
Lieutenant Governor was apprised about various problems of the area where immediate interventions are required such as encroachments on footpath, requirement of foot over bridge, plantations near the drain bank, proper designing of gradient from service road to main road, maintenance of road footpath, proper walkway inside ISBT etc.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Model School exhibiting a brilliant performance emerged as the overall winner of 64th SGFI Inter School Ball Badminton Tournament 2018. The tournament was played in city whose finale was played here on Wednesday...