Mobile app to help locate buses plying to neighbouring States
The Delhi Transport Department is now coming up with a mobile app that will provide all the information about the buses plying to neighbouring State from the three Inter State Bus Terminal's (ISBT's) located in national Capital. This would benefit about three lakh passengers who would now be able to access the details of buses on app.
The app named 'Delhi Transport' is slated to be launched next week. Besides providing information about buses to interstate travelers the app would also facilitate people in applying for driving licence, registration of vehicles and many other services offered by the Transport department.
“The app will furnish all the details to interstate travellers, like departure time, fare and types of buses available to places in other states,” said KK Dahia, Special Commissioner of Transport department. According to the Transport department, over 2,200 inter-state buses operate from the three ISBTs, Kashmere Gate being the largest terminal in terms of number of buses from where over 1,700 inter buses operate every day while Anand Vihar records highest daily footfall of nearly 1.5 lakh passengers.
Delhi has three inter-state bus terminals (ISBTs) located at Anand Vihar, Sarai Kale Khan, and Kashmere Gate from where over three lakh passengers embark on travel to destinations in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and other states informed Transport officials.
“The facility of live status of buses will also be available at ISBT Kashmere Gate for which necessary system has been put in place,” said Dahia.
“The app has been designed to serve as a multi-functional tool to bring various services and facilities of Delhi Transport department to the people,” said an official of transport department. As besides helping inter-state travellers, it will also serve in applying for driving licence, registration of vehicles and many other services offered by the Transport department.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...