Centre working steadily for doubling farmers’ income
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh on Saturday said the Union Government is working consistently towards doubling the income of farmers and animal rearers.
Singh was here to lay foundation stone of the country’s first sex-sorted semen laboratory in Rishikesh under the Rashtriya Gokul Mission Yojana.
The laboratory will be the first of its kind facility in the country where the technique of producing female calf through artificial insemination in animals will be used.
Singh said such an initiative will help increase milk production and boost farmers’ income, the Union Minister said.
The Minister said the Centre has been working consistently over the past four years for farmers welfare.
It is because of the government’s efforts that more than 700 agricultural scientists in the country have come out of laboratories and reached field level for ground testing, he said. Animal husbandry is the backbone of the rural economy but there is lack of productivity in the sector, he said, adding a laboratory of this kind will help improve the situation.
Addressing the programme, Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said the Rashtriya Gokul Mission is to conserve the indigenous cow breeds and enhance their milk productivity. The sex sorted semen laboratory being set up in Rishikesh will play an important role in this, he said.
Through animal husbandry, the target of doubling farmers’ income can also be achieved, the CM said.
- K’taka CM plants paddy saplings in solidarity with agriculturists 12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Vibrant Gujarat Summit to be held with theme ‘Shaping A New India’ from Jan 18 to 20 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Hardik Patel, two Cong MLAs detained before taking ‘Jal Samadhi’ 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain subsides but situation still serious in Kerala 12 Aug 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brajesh’s son detained, CBI orders fresh digging 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Jammu will take up arms if Art 35-A revoked: BJP MLA 12 Aug 2018 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- Modi: Society that doesn’t innovate will stagnate 12 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- RaGa denied permission to visit Osmania 12 Aug 2018 | Omer Farooq | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath slams Rahul’s ‘chipko abhiyan’ in LS 12 Aug 2018 | Biswajeet Banerjee/ Prakash Arya | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delhi statehood: AAP’s Gopal Rai seeks appointment with PM Modi 12 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...