NMC to launch scheme to register vendors of weekly markets
North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NMC) is all set to introduce a new scheme with a provision to register vendors of weekly markets with the Corporation under amended Street Vendors Act, 2014 so that they can get easy bank loans and do not face harassment at the hands of authorities.
The move is also expected to generate an estimated revenue of Rs 27 crore 5 lakh in the financial year 2018-19 to the corporation after revising the tehbazari fees, said North Delhi Mayor Preety Agarwal. She also said that after constitution of 'Town Vending Committee', this revenue can increase up to Rs 200 crore.
Mayor also said that registration of street vendors of weekly bazaar and issuing them license will help bringing transparency in the system other then saving the vendors from corruption and persecution. “The weekly markets play an important role in providing livelihood to hundreds of small vendors and fulfilling the needs of local residents so it is important to save them from harassment.
Agarwal further informed that work is under process on introducing the scheme of navodaya bazaars / smart wheel and smart bazaar. “The special schemes 'Navodaya Bazaars' and 'Smart Bazaar' are in process and soon be introduced,” she said.
While Tehbazari means selling products on pavement and road in which hawkers move from one place to another on wheel-driven carts to sell their products. Lakh of people earn their livelihood in the national Capital by adopting such practices but still only a fraction of them were awarded license by the municipal corporations.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...