Padmavati row: Protesters demand screening of film before expert panel
Protests seeking a ban on upcoming Bollywood film 'Padmavati' continued on Saturday as members of royal families, right-wing outfits and even tourist guides demanded that the Deepika Padukone-starrer be screened before an expert panel, ahead of its commercial release.
BJP MLA and a member of the erstwhile Jaipur royal family, Diya Kumari, launched a signature campaign today against the film directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, saying if historical facts were distorted in the film, it should not be allowed to hit the screens.
Kumari also said the film should be screened before a panel of experts as had been agreed upon by its makers.
"The panel should ascertain that the historical facts as depicted in the film are correct and then only it should be allowed to be released," she added.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...