19 killed as bus topples over in Hong Kong
Hong Kong: At least 19 people were killed and dozens injured when a double-decker bus toppled over in Hong Kong on Saturday evening, police said. Photographs on local media websites showed the bus lying on its side with its roof torn off by a road near the town of Tai Po in the northern New Territories. Rescuers were attempting to reach passengers trapped in the wreckage, although police were unable to say how many were still inside the bus.
UK minister backs right to ban hijab in schools
London: An Indian-origin school principal, who was forced to withdraw a ban on wearing of hijab by young girls after vitriolic abuse on social media, today received crucial support of a UK minister who said bullying or intimidation of school staff was completely unacceptable.
Trudeau's motorcade involved in US crash
Washington: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's motorcade was involved in an accident near Los Angeles, leaving three people injured.
Trudeau, 46, was leaving the Reagan Presidential Library where he had given a speech when a car turned left in front of his motorcade on Friday, ABC News reported.
US strike kills 2 ISIS ultras in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two militants of the Islamic State (IS) group were killed in a drone strike by NATO and US-led coalition forces in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province. “The strike occurred in Bandaar locality of Achin district on Friday,” the provincial Government said on Saturday, adding no civilian was hurt in the attack.The IS group, which emerged in Nangarhar in early 2015, was yet to comment on the report. On Friday, security forces defused an improvised explosive device in neighbouring Ghani Khil district, averting a possible explosion there.
- A legacy of conflict 19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Agenda
- The death of Indian TV 19 Aug 2018 | UMANG AGGARWAL | in Agenda
- Rescuing the story of Kashmir 19 Aug 2018 | UMANG AGGARWAL | in Agenda
- Caustically engaging 19 Aug 2018 | JIGYASA HASIJA | in Agenda
- Oddly enough 19 Aug 2018 | Pioneer | in Agenda
- Culture Lane 19 Aug 2018 | Pioneer | in Agenda
- teaching a billion people 19 Aug 2018 | Miniya Chatterji | in Agenda
- Onus on civic agencies to remove road debris: PWD 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sidhu under Opp fire for Pak visit 19 Aug 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- AIMIM corporator who opposed motion on Vajapyee arrested 19 Aug 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
Bhojpuri singer turned BJP leader Manoj Tiwari, who is also a Member of Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture on Tuesday promised that he will take up the issue of poor NH 33 stretch with Union Road Transport, Highways Ministry. Addressing a press meet he said that apart from being Delhi BJP State president he is also a member of standing committee he is aware of the present plight...