Tej’s wedding sets stage for Lalu-Nitish meeting
After several marriages in Lalu Prasad-Rabri Devi family, first time a baarat was set out of their house on Saturday. In bridal costume Tej Pratap Yadav came out of 10, Circular Road residence in a flower bedecked vehicle sitting on front seat and his parents on rear seat. Lalu donned a designer pink turban and Rabri had white flowers tucked in her hairs.
Lalu’s elder son Tej tied nuptial knots with Aishwarya Rai in presence of a huge crowd of supporters, followers, family members and party workers apart from several top politicians. They included Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who warmly shook hands with Lalu, greeted Rabri Devi and had a word with his former deputy Tejashwi Prasad Yadav. Most of Lalu’s daughters came one by one, sat with Nitish for a click and touched his feet. Governor Satyapal Malik also congratulated Lalu family.
It was after 10 months that Lalu and Nitish were facing each other but both wore broad smiles and exhibited warm body language. Keeping the bitter political relations far away the two held each others hand for sometime.
Earlier the VVIP barat reached Veterinary College ground where a thick crowd of over ten thousand people had already arrived to watch Tej exchanging garlands with Aishwarya Rai, granddaughter of former CM Daroga Rai and daughter of former Minister Chandrika Rai. About 25 band parties were part of barat. At the spacious ground 200 food stalls had been set up and cooks were hired from Kanpur, Agra, Delhi and other places of Bihar.
Among the baratis included Akhilesh Yadav and his wife Dimple Yadav, Union Minister and LJP Chief Ram Vilas Paswan, local MP and dissident BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, veteran lawyer Ram Jethmalani, former Union Ministers Prafull Patel and Tariq Anwar, yoga guru Baba Ramdev. Contrary to speculation AICC president Rahul Gandhi nor his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra did not turn up. West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee who could not come sent her representatives.
Lalu didn’t need a wheelchair to reach the wedding stage. Only two days back he used wheelchair at Ranchi and Patna airports due to poor health. But the talkative RJD supremo was mostly silent with hardly any visible emotions on his face. It was only after the arrival of Governor and CM Nitish that he was seen talking to them with broad smiles. After his sisters got photographed with Nitish, Tejashwi came and sat with him for awhile while Rabri cracked some jokes.
- Dabholkar murder case: Sharpshooter in CBI net 19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- States along Western Ghats have ignored Madhav Gadgil’s warning 19 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- 6 die in K’taka floods, Cauvery above danger mark 19 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM Modi to visit Guj on Wed 19 Aug 2018 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Vajpayee’s ashes to be immersed in Haridwar today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- 3 terrorists killed near LoC in Kupwara’s Tangdhar sector 19 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani | in Sunday Pioneer
- Scanty snowfall may fuel LoC infiltration 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Saudi Arabia tests Japan-inspired ‘nap pods’ for hajj 19 Aug 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Taiwan improves missiles to counter China military expansion 19 Aug 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Turkey’s Prez says country will defy economic threats 19 Aug 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...