L-G inspects Anand Vihar ISBT
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians.
Baijal also suggested those vehicles that regularly enter the ISBT should utilise Radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology as it would reduce stoppage time at fee counters on entry and exit points. RFID uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to object.
He further advised 'Public Welfare Department' (PWD) to look into the demands related to reengineering of roads and flyovers for better traffic movement at the earliest.
The issue of skywalk connecting Anand Vihar metro station to Patparganj Industrial area was also raised during the visit. The officials of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation' (DMRC) were also directed to survey the area and execute the proposal if found feasible or suggest alternative solutions for smoother movement of pedestrians, a release from the L-G office stated.
Lieutenant Governor was apprised about various problems of the area where immediate interventions are required such as encroachments on footpath, requirement of foot over bridge, plantations near the drain bank, proper designing of gradient from service road to main road, maintenance of road footpath, proper walkway inside ISBT etc.
- K’taka PCC preparing for early LS polls, says State party chief Rao 22 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Bihar Shia Waqf Board den of corruption, alleges Kalbe Jawwad 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajasthan CM to be BJP's chief ministerial candidate in next poll 22 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Now Delhi Police to have bicycle patrols for parks, narrow lanes 22 Jul 2018 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Chennai-based Indologist honoured 22 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rahul face of Opp in country: Sena 22 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- Shah made member in BJP’s 1,800 WhatsApp groups to get direct info 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maken accuses AAP of Rs 750 cr scam 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Shalimar Bagh man held for dowry death 22 Jul 2018 | SR | in Sunday Pioneer
- Visit roads once in month to check street lights, PWD directs engineers 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh reviewed the preparations and programmes on scheduled visit of President Ramnath Kovind to Chhattisgarh with his cabinet colleagues and senior officials at his official residence on Saturday. President is scheduled to visit the State on July 25 and 26 at Dantewada and Bastar (Jagdalpur)...