- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
UP Cong announces 22 members media team
Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee announced a 22-member media team ahead of the crucial 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
However the new committee seemed to be selected by UP Congress chief Raj Babbar and not on the basis of merit as written exams were conducted by All India Congress Committee (AICC) a week back. Interestingly, the 14-member UPCC media team will be led by lesser known Rajeev Bakshi, who has been appointed as co-ordinator while other members include - Hilal Naqvi, Ashok Singh, Onkar Singh, Zeeshan Haider and Anshu Awasthi.
Former Congress MP Zafar Ali Naqvi’s son Saif Ali Naqvi and former MP, PL Punia’s son Tanuj Punia were also accommodated in the team while Ms Suchi Biswas was the only woman in the team.
Former Lucknow Municipal Corporation councillor Mukesh Singh Chauhan also found a place in the media team.
Surprisingly, Babbar made a separate section of Special Invitees in the committee with four senior members of the erstwhile media team. The team include Virendra Madan, Amarnath Agarwal, Dwijendra Tripathi and Surendra Rajput.
But they have served with a rider that they would only give inputs when the media team sought assistance. There is also a media input team led by senior media person Subodh Srivastava.
Last week , written tests and interviews were held to select the media team which was taken by 90 leaders. The process was co-ordinated by AICC media co-ordinator Rohan Gupta. The party also announced that everyone taking the exams, would be given some responsibility in the party. The process however created bickerings among state Congress leaders.
A Congress leader and member of the previous media team, said that in coming days the new team would crash on its own as most appointees did not know the political equation in the state and how to defend the party.
- My father lived, died for India, says Rahul 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 7 missing after boat capsises in Andhra river 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- INS Tarangini sets sail for Tall Ships Races in UK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma arrives in Bahrain for second joint commission meet 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath, Sheikh Hasina discuss bilateral issues 15 Jul 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Globe Trotting 15 Jul 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- UN: Deadly Algerian migrant expulsions resume in desert 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Syria rebels surrender heavy arms in Daraa city 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Honduras identifies 459 kids separated from families in US 15 Jul 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Iran continuing relations with world despite US, says Rouhani 15 Jul 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...