- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
4 Pak terror mercenaries killed in J&K
Four heavily armed foreign terrorists, who had recently infiltrated from across the Line of Control, were neutralised by a joint team of Indian security forces in Sunderbani area of Rajouri on Wednesday. The terrorists were dressed in combat fatigue.
in Sunderbani, Brigade Commander of Kalidhar Brigade said “a group of heavily armed terrorists opened heavy fire on army troops around 7.30 am in Sunderbani area on Wednesday”.
This was the second major attempted strike by foreign terrorists in Jammu region after the fidayeen strike inside Sunjwan Army camp in Jammu on February 10.
The joint team of security forces, including jawans of CRPF, BSF and the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the State Police had launched a massive combing and search operations in the area on the basis of specific intelligence reports regarding the presence of heavily armed infiltrators.
According to the senior Army officer, a fierce fire fight ensued in the thickly forested area of Sunderbani after the first contact was established.
“In the fire fight the four foreign terrorists were neutralised. Four AK-47 rifles, ammunition and war like stores, including Improvised explosive devices (IED’s) were recovered from them”, Brigade commander of Kalidhar brigade told reporters.
Congratulating jawans of the security forces Director General of J&K police Dr SP Vaid in a tweet said, “the group of terrorists neutralised in Sunderbani had recently infiltrated from LoC”.
During the day-long operation which lasted over eight hours none of the jawans of the Indian security forces received any injury.
Spokesman of the Udhampur based Northern Command headquarters Col NN Joshi said the joint teams of security forces were still carrying out sanitisation operations in the general area of Sunderbani.
The terrorists were planning to strike vital security installations of central para military forces in the area.
While the gun fight was going on the district administration had announced closure of local educational institutions. On the other hand, a group of students appearing for their 10 th class examination remained inside Kendriya Vidalya and completed their examination without showing any signs of panic.
High alert was also sounded in the general area and traffic movement on the Jammu-Rajouri road was restricted during the operation.
- Upset over minor’s plight, lawyers thrash rapists in court 18 Jul 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Delhi air hostess suicide: Hubby sent to judicial custody 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- TN I-T raids yield Rs 200 cr cash, 100 kg gold 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Agnivesh assaulted in Jharkhand, probe on 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC condemns lynchings, asks Centre to frame separate law 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Mayawati boots out key aide for anti-RaGa rant 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- BJP seeks Rahul support to pass triple talaq, nikah halala Bills 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- PM reaches out to Opp on session eve 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- National database for gun licence holders, unique ID from next yr 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Air hostess’ husband arrested for dowry death 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Commenting on the Congress' efforts for pre-poll alliance with BSP or SP in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said the outfits that allied with the grand old party have suffered destruction. While talking to media persons before commencing second phase of his ‘Jan Ashirwad Yatra’ from Maihar in Satna district, Chouhan said the Congress is a 'dhokhebaj' (deceitful) party...