IMD predicts wetter days ahead for 16 States
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has warned of heavy rain across 16 States and Union Territories of south India, the eastern parts of Central India, and Bay of Bengal coasts in the next three days.
According to IMD officials, heavy rain is expected in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
As per IMD latest data, the country has received 485.8 mm rainfall against the normal of 544.4 mm till date August 10. As many as 26 States and Union Territories have received either normal rainfall or excess rain till August 10. “The rainfall during August 2018 is likely to be 96. 9 per cent of low pressure area (LPA) and expected to be higher than predicted in June. A low pressure area formed over northwest Bay of Bengal and neighborhood subsequently concentrated into a depression and crossed north West Bengal coasts and weakened into a Well Marked Low Pressure Area and neighborhood at the end of the week,” said officials.
The data showed that this is the strongest monsoon year for Kerala since 2013. The State has already received 1840 mm of rainfall since June 1, against the normal rainfall of 1536.1 mm till date.
- Assam bridge to open on Atal’s birth anniv to pay him homage 18 Aug 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Daughter Namita lights Atal’s pyre 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- 100 more die in Kerala’s worst flood in 100 yrs 18 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Lautkar aunga, kooch se kyun darun? 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- A Colossus moves on 17 Aug 2018 | Chandan Mitra
- Atal’s mortal remains to be consigned to flames at 4pm 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Kerala’s plight worsens, 30 more die in monsoon rage 17 Aug 2018 | PNS/PTI
- A titan’s journey ends 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Water guzzler plants suck several States dry 16 Aug 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Capable of holding LS, 4 Assembly polls by year-end, says CEC 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...