- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Modi, Trump talk Defence, security
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump on Monday held bilateral talks on the sidelines of the ASEAN Summit during which they discussed a range of key issues, including Defence and security.
The meeting in the Philippines capital came a day after officials of India, the US, Japan and Australia held talks to give shape to the much talked about quadrilateral alliance to keep the strategically important India-Pacific region free, open and inclusive.
The two leaders are understood to have discussed the security scenario in the region besides several other issues of mutual interests, including ways to further boost bilateral trade.
The move to set up the quadrilateral alliance comes in the backdrop of growing Chinese assertiveness in the South China Sea. The US has been favouring a larger role for India in the strategically important Indo-Pacific region.
The use of the term “Indo-Pacific” by President Trump has led to speculation that it may have something to do with Washington preparing the ground for a revival of the so called quadrilateral strategic alliance between the US, Japan, Australia and India to counter China’s rise.
- National database for gun licence holders, unique ID from next yr 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Air hostess’ husband arrested for dowry death 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Days after SC’s Taj rap, Centre to close polluting factories in Agra 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Delhi’s Airport Exp Line to get 36 new coaches 17 Jul 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- States go under as monsoon rains woes 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 91 hurt as tent caves in at PM Midnapore rally 17 Jul 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Opp plans House strategy 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- No claimants for India-linked dormant Swiss bank accounts! 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Reignited black beauties to tell story of India 16 Jul 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Won’t allow any terror activities against India: Bangladesh 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...