- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Naidu lands Emirates hub in Amaravati
In a major push to improving international air connectivity in Andhra Pradesh, the Dubai-based airline Emirates has agreed in principle to make Amaravati its airline hub.
On Thursday, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had lengthy negotiations with the key management of the airline. Naidu spoke to Adnan Kazim, divisional senior vice-president at Emirates, through a video conference and proposed the establishment of a hub in Amaravati. Naidu told Emirates that he would like to improve the connectivity between cities in Andhra and Dubai. The Chief Minister agreed to develop more green-field airports in the State, like Visakhapatnam International Airport.
The team from Emirates expressed eagerness to renew old ties with the Chief Minister and recalled the successful business ventures with Naidu in Hyderabad.
“I have been an admirer of Dubai for a long time, and I have received great cooperation and knowledge from the Government in the past. I would like to revive that friendship, and request the expertise for the development of Amaravati,” Naidu said.
In reply, Kazim said that a team from Emirates would soon be sent to Andhra to survey the opportunities available in the State, and the next step would be discussed during the Chief Minister’s visit to Dubai on October 22.
Kazim also informed Naidu that he would be welcomed by Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman of Emirates Group, president of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and the uncle of the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The Principal Secretary, Infrastructure & Investments Department Ajay Jain, Pennsylvania Ambassador Kanika Choudhary and Singapore Government representative Raghu were also part of the video conference.
- National database for gun licence holders, unique ID from next yr 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Air hostess’ husband arrested for dowry death 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Days after SC’s Taj rap, Centre to close polluting factories in Agra 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Delhi’s Airport Exp Line to get 36 new coaches 17 Jul 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- States go under as monsoon rains woes 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- 91 hurt as tent caves in at PM Midnapore rally 17 Jul 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Opp plans House strategy 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- No claimants for India-linked dormant Swiss bank accounts! 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Reignited black beauties to tell story of India 16 Jul 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Won’t allow any terror activities against India: Bangladesh 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...