- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
PMO to review Delhi’s infrastructure projects
The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has decided to review the status of infrastructure projects in Delhi. Secretary (Housing and Urban Affairs) Durga Shanker Mishra will brief PMO officials about projects related to decongestion of the national Capital, smart city, regulation of unauthorised colonies, Delhi Metro Phase III and IV.
The PMO is also expected to be briefed about Delhi Laws (Special Provision) (Amended) Act 2017, the proposed Metro Rail Act 2017.
Sources said that the PMO may also seek details of the status of Real Estate Regulation Authority in the national Capital. The Housing and Urban Development Ministry also handles Urban Development Fund for Delhi, Delhi Rent Control Act and the NCT of Delhi Laws (Special Provisions) Second (Amendments) Act 2014.
The status of alternative models of land acquisition and development such as land pooling and Transit-Oriented Development will also come up for discussion, sources said.
It is learnt that the PMO will want to know about the delay in the third phase of Delhi Metro and Metro Phase IV projects in the Capital. According to sources, Metro Phase III has been delayed due to the tardy land acquisition process.
Sources said the issue of the landfill site is also expected to be raised during the review meeting after the recent tragedy at the Ghazipur landfill site in East Delhi.
“The Prime Minister Office is expected to review the ongoing decongestion plan of Delhi and NCR region and its status till date,” said officials.
- CAG tears into Rlys for shunned flexi-fare 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- WhatsApp limits forward messages to 5 chats to curb spread of canards 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hearing on larger Bench for Ayodhya ends 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Collegium insists on Justice Joseph’s elevation to SC 21 Jul 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Miffed at police failure to unclog traffic in Capital, SC summons CP 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- RaGa takes aim at Modi with jibe, jhappi & wink 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- France rejects Rahul’s Rafale secrecy claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- How can mere Kaamdaar make eye contact with Naamdaar? 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC slams Centre for non-use of Rs 77,000 cr environment funds 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- AAP unleashes party leaders on CS 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...