RBI keeps key rates unchanged, raises inflation forecast slightly
Citing worries over the rising trajectory of inflation in the coming days, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday left its key policy rates unchanged on Wednesday. The central bank raised the inflation projection to 4.7 per cent at the upper end by March, while retaining growth estimates at 6.7 per cent for the current fiscal.
The 6-member Monetary Policy Committee in a 5:1 vote chose status quo on rates
in an effort to keep retail inflation within the target of 4 per cent plus or minus 200 bps, while supporting the country’s growth.
The RBI has increased its inflation projection by 10 basis points to 4.3-4.7 per cent in the second and the fourth quarters, from 4.2-4.6 per cent estimated in the October review.
- Google tracks you without your nod 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Family rejects CPM request to drape body with party flag 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- LS martinet Somnath Chatterjee leaves a legacy 14 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Colour-coded stickers to curb vehicular pollution 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Umar Khalid shot at; row erupts over claim 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rebel son Alagiri seeks dad’s mantle, declares war on Stalin 14 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Kejriwal, Sisodia chargesheeted in CS assault case 14 Aug 2018 | Sapna Singh/STAFF REPORTER
- Pune most liveable, Delhi at 65 14 Aug 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Rs 100 cr Central relief announced 13 Aug 2018 | PTI
- On verge of collapse but not dangerous! 13 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...