Scribe molested at ITO Metro; FIR filed 19 hrs after her relentless bid
A 26-year-old journalist was allegedly molested and beaten up by an unidentified man after she fought him for groping her while she was entering the ITO Metro Station on Monday night. Worst, it took her more than 19 hours to get an FIR registered.
The journalist said, “I was entering the ITO Metro Station from gate no 1 when a man walking behind me touched me. When I shouted at him for his behaviour, he groped me. For nearly two and a half minutes, I kept screaming and fighting but he fled after thrashing me. No one came to help me.”
The journalist said, “I alerted CISF personnel about the incident but was made to wait inside the control room within the station for 2 hours until police came.”
- Rupee sinks to 70/$ in a first, Govt dispels fear 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cosmos Cooperative Bank loses Rs 94 cr in cyber heist 15 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Sonia sees I-T Dept plot in Herald-Young Indian deal 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Polls at one go not possible: EC 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Google tracks you without your nod 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Family rejects CPM request to drape body with party flag 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- LS martinet Somnath Chatterjee leaves a legacy 14 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Colour-coded stickers to curb vehicular pollution 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Umar Khalid shot at; row erupts over claim 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...