Shah eyes 75% seats in Gujarat Assembly
BJP president Amit Shah has exhorted the party workers to ensure the BJP gets three-fourths majority in the Gujarat Assembly polls. He said from 1995 to 2012, the BJP won all the Assembly polls in Gujarat with two-thirds majority. Shah recalled that the BJP had secured 129 seats when Narendra Modi was Chief Minister in 2002. “And now, when he is our Prime Minister, we must make and all-out bid to clinch 150 seats (out of the 182 in the Assembly),” Shah said while addressing the Gujarat Gaurav Mahasammelan on Monday.
- Rupee sinks to 70/$ in a first, Govt dispels fear 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cosmos Cooperative Bank loses Rs 94 cr in cyber heist 15 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Sonia sees I-T Dept plot in Herald-Young Indian deal 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Polls at one go not possible: EC 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Google tracks you without your nod 14 Aug 2018 | AP
- Family rejects CPM request to drape body with party flag 14 Aug 2018 | IANS
- LS martinet Somnath Chatterjee leaves a legacy 14 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Colour-coded stickers to curb vehicular pollution 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Umar Khalid shot at; row erupts over claim 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...