- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Traders move SC to vacate ban on crackers’ sale
A section of traders on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking modification of the October 9 order banning the sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR region till November 1.
The traders told the apex court that their licences were revived in pursuance of the apex court’s order passed on September 12 following which they procured firecrackers for sale during Diwali investing huge amounts. They said the ban will cause huge loss to them.
A Bench, comprising Justices Ranjan Gogoi, AM Sapre and Navin Sinha, assured the counsel for the traders that it will consult the judge concerned, who had passed the order, for placing their interim application for urgent hearing. The apex court had on September 12 temporarily lifted the ban and allowed limited sale of firecrackers.
- CAG tears into Rlys for shunned flexi-fare 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- WhatsApp limits forward messages to 5 chats to curb spread of canards 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hearing on larger Bench for Ayodhya ends 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Collegium insists on Justice Joseph’s elevation to SC 21 Jul 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Miffed at police failure to unclog traffic in Capital, SC summons CP 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- RaGa takes aim at Modi with jibe, jhappi & wink 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- France rejects Rahul’s Rafale secrecy claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- How can mere Kaamdaar make eye contact with Naamdaar? 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC slams Centre for non-use of Rs 77,000 cr environment funds 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- AAP unleashes party leaders on CS 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...