- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
Woman sans Aadhaar forced to give birth at hospital gate
A woman was forced to give birth to a baby at the emergency gate of General Hospital in Gurugram on Friday at 11.25 am in full public view after medical staff allegedly refused her admission as her husband was unable to show an Aadhaar card.
After the issue was raised by 25-year-old Munni’s family members and a senior official informed authorities about the incident, the hospital mended its ways and admitted the mother and the baby and provided them medical aid.
“Initial probe suggests negligence on the part of hospital staff. We have recommended termination notification against a nurse Manita and junior resident doctor Mohini. Both were on a contractual basis. We have also formed an enquiry committee and further probe into the matter is underway,” Principal Medical Officer of General Hospital Dr Pradeep Sharma said.
Husband of the woman Bablu, a labourer who lives in Sheetla Colony and works in Gurugram, said, “My wife was in extreme pain at 9.30 am and we rushed her to hospital. There employees asked for the Aadhaar card first at the gate. I told them it will take time and as her condition was not good they should admit her first. But they didn’t pay heed to my request. They kept on asking for the Aadhar card. After they denied admission, we came outside the hospital. And
it was at the emergency gate where she delivered a baby girl in full public view.”
Munni is a housewife.
- Atal’s mortal remains to be consigned to flames at 4pm 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Kerala’s plight worsens, 30 more die in monsoon rage 17 Aug 2018 | PNS/PTI
- A titan’s journey ends 17 Aug 2018 | PNS
- A Colossus moves on 17 Aug 2018 | Chandan Mitra
- Water guzzler plants suck several States dry 16 Aug 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Capable of holding LS, 4 Assembly polls by year-end, says CEC 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- CJI breaks silence on 4 rebel judges’ complaint 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Law panel to put up legal framework for ‘one nation, one poll’ 16 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Vajpayee’s condition critical, on life-support system: AIIMS 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- I am impatient agent of change: PM 16 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
All private and Government schools will remain closed today as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vajpayee passed away after prolonged illness at AIIMS in Delhi on Thursday...