All Bihar med colleges to have eye banks by Dec end: Nitish
The step will facilitate eye donation campaign, Kumar told a function organised by Dadhichi Dehdan Samiti (DDS) on the occasion of International Organ Donation Day.
He also declared to donate his eye on the occasion and hoped that the government would be able to implement the second round of reforms in the health sector so that people will not have to go outside for treatment.
Kumar said kidney transplantation has been started at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) and will also be started at Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH).
Liver transplantation will start at IGIMS by the end of this year, he said.
Stressing on organ donation, he said the state government would extend all help for it. The campaign on abolishing dowry and child marriage to be launched on Gandhi Jayanti will also tell the people about the importance of organ donation.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi exhorted people to come forward to take the pledge to donate their organs and body and said he has already donated his body.
"In cricket, one has the opportunity to play a second inning but one can also do so in his/her own life by donating his/her eye or organ," he has already declared to donate his body.
Health Minister Mangal Pandey declared to donate his eyes.
- Completely paralysed despite Constitution bench verdict, Delhi govt tells SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No-confidence motion moved against Modi govt;Speaker admits it 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi HC asks JNU not to take any coercive step against Kanhaiya till July 20 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Government ready to discuss any issue in house: Modi 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Guess who uses hatred, fear to maintain power: Rahul Gandhi 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Trump says he misspoke on Russia meddling; has full faith in US intelligence agencies 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 3 dead, many trapped in G.Noida twin-building collapse 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Satyendar Jain given additional charge of irrigation and flood control dept 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pak files counter-memorial on Jadhav's case in ICJ 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rahul constitutes CWC, convenes first meeting on July 22 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...