- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Amit Shah in Bihar, breakfasts with Nitish
BJP President Amit Shah arrived here on Thursday and met JD-U chief and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at breakfast.
Shah who is here to interact with party leaders and workers to design strategies leading up to the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, met the Janata Dal-United President soon after his arrival.
The Bharatiya Janata Party President headed straight for the state guest house near Raj Bhawan, along with senior party leaders to break bread with Nitish Kumar, a key NDA ally.
Shah will again meet the Chief Minister at his official residence at dinner, when crucial discussion on 2019 general election seat sharing between the allies was expected.
A team of BJP leaders, including Union Ministers from Bihar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi earlier thronged the Patna airport with garlands to welcome Shah.
This is Shah's first visit after Nitish Kumar's JD-U joined the National Democratic Alliance in July 2017 after dumping the Rashtriya Janata Dal and Congress of the Grand Alliance.
Unprecedented security arrangements have been made for Shah's visit. The state capital has been turned into a fortress with thousands of security personnel deployed and traffic diversions in place.
The entire city has been flooded with colourful hoardings, banners, high rise gates and posters highlighting the achievements of four years of the Narendra Modi government at the Centre.
Shah will be holding series of meetings and discussions with the party leaders and workers on preparations leading up to the 2019 general elections.
He will interact with 10,000 ground level party workers, who head the booths in the state. Besides, he will also meet the party's social media activists to discuss the digital campaign, a BJP leader said.
- 60-year-old man held for raping minor girl in Odisha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MiG 21 crashes in Kangra district of Himachal 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No stopping sealing, demolition of unauthorised constructions in Delhi: SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Completely paralysed despite Constitution bench verdict, Delhi govt tells SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No-confidence motion moved against Modi govt;Speaker admits it 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi HC asks JNU not to take any coercive step against Kanhaiya till July 20 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Government ready to discuss any issue in house: Modi 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Guess who uses hatred, fear to maintain power: Rahul Gandhi 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Trump says he misspoke on Russia meddling; has full faith in US intelligence agencies 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Javelin thrower Neeraj strikes gold at Sotteville athletics meet 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...