BJP might not win 2019 LS polls: AP CM
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu today lashed out at the BJP and said the saffron party might not win the Lok Sabha polls in 2019.
"Till the other day, everybody thought the BJP is invincible but the political scene has completely changed now. There is an assertion that the BJP will not win the next election," a TDP release, quoting Naidu, said.
He was addressing the coordination committee meeting of the TDP here this afternoon.
Hitting out at the BJP, he said arrogance would cause anybody?s downfall, however big they might be.
BJP stood out as an example for this, he said.
".... Any position (of authority) should enhance one?s humbleness but not cause arrogance. Otherwise, it will only lead to downfall," Naidu said.
He warned his party rank and file not to be over-confident as it would create unwarranted problems.
"The two national parties (Congress and BJP) lost their moorings in Andhra Pradesh," he said.
"YSR Congress is a corrupt party while the Jana Sena and the Left parties themselves are unsure if they could give a fight. But still, all of them are launching a combined attack on the TDP."
"People are watching all this," Naidu said.
The TDP was fighting for the rights of five crore people of Andhra Pradesh.
"People will give the right verdict at the right time," he added.
- BJP MPs submit privilege notice against Rahul Gandhi for 'misleading' Parliament 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BJP trying to create atmosphere of "Talibani Hinduism": Mamata 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Parrikar welcomes exemption of sanitary napkins from GST 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Akhilesh calls Modi's 'Kisan Kalyan Rally' a 'joke' 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Arrest me if I am anti-national, Digvijay tells Chouhan 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 28 per cent GST tax slab should go, says Sisodia 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Nitish cutting a 'sorry figure', should quit NDA: AAP 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- BJP hatao, desh bachao: Mamata's rallying poll cry 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Mountaineering team stumbles upon 50-yr-old wreckage of IAF plane 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Maryam refuses to shift to Sihala Rest House: report 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | PTI | Bengaluru
Expecting early Lok Sabha polls by December, Congress in Karnataka on Saturday said it has begun preparations for the elections that it claimed would instal a "non-BJP" Government at the Centre. In the run-up to the polls, Congress said it has decided to reorganise the party from grassroots to pradesh congress committee level...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh reviewed the preparations and programmes on scheduled visit of President Ramnath Kovind to Chhattisgarh with his cabinet colleagues and senior officials at his official residence on Saturday. President is scheduled to visit the State on July 25 and 26 at Dantewada and Bastar (Jagdalpur)...