BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Monday accused the BJP and RSS of spreading “hatred” among people and claimed that the SP and his party activists were for harmony in society.
Addressing a rally in Bijnore’s Afzalgarh area in favour of SP-Congress alliance candidate Hussain Ahmed, he also said since the Congress has formed an alliance with the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lost his sleep.
The Congress vice-president also alleged that the BJP-led NDA dispensation at the Centre had failed to generate employment opportunities as promised, and “the lion of ‘Make In India’ has failed to provide jobs to unemployed youths”.
Accusing Modi of favouring some business houses, Rahul said when he met the PM in his office, he had asked him to waive the loans of sugarcane farmers, but “got no assurances”. “Instead of waiving farmer’s loans, he had waived the loans of some business houses. If a farmer fails to pay his debt he called a thief but when a businessman, who had taken a loan of several crores, escapes abroad, then he is merely declared as ‘defaulter’,” he said.
Later, addressing a rally in Bareilly, he claimed that the “wrong policies” of the Centre and demonetisation of high value currency notes were responsible for the poor state of small and traditional enterprises, including the local ‘manjha and surma’ industry.
- Controversy erupts over iPhone gift to K’taka MPs 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Soil ramps made for safe passage of elephants along ‘killer track’ in Rajaji Tiger Reserve 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MTNL underground cables cut, stolen from Okhla Exchange 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Trawlers capsize in Bay of Bengal, 19 fishermen missing 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- INBRIEF 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Munde: Sugar firm dupes farmers, banks of `5.5K 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- WCD Ministry to amend JJ Act 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Hike in power bill likely in UP as UPPCL installs FGDs in plants 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- To tide over milk shortage, Maha brings 5.28L litres daily from Guj 18 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Killer should have been caught alive: Victim’s father 18 Jul 2018 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...