- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Monday accused the BJP and RSS of spreading “hatred” among people and claimed that the SP and his party activists were for harmony in society.
Addressing a rally in Bijnore’s Afzalgarh area in favour of SP-Congress alliance candidate Hussain Ahmed, he also said since the Congress has formed an alliance with the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lost his sleep.
The Congress vice-president also alleged that the BJP-led NDA dispensation at the Centre had failed to generate employment opportunities as promised, and “the lion of ‘Make In India’ has failed to provide jobs to unemployed youths”.
Accusing Modi of favouring some business houses, Rahul said when he met the PM in his office, he had asked him to waive the loans of sugarcane farmers, but “got no assurances”. “Instead of waiving farmer’s loans, he had waived the loans of some business houses. If a farmer fails to pay his debt he called a thief but when a businessman, who had taken a loan of several crores, escapes abroad, then he is merely declared as ‘defaulter’,” he said.
Later, addressing a rally in Bareilly, he claimed that the “wrong policies” of the Centre and demonetisation of high value currency notes were responsible for the poor state of small and traditional enterprises, including the local ‘manjha and surma’ industry.
- UP Cong to protest against BJP Govts over law and order 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC asks Committee chief to explore possibility to compensate victims 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Irrigation scheme not running at full utilisation: CAG report 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- SC stays Madras HC order giving 196 marks to NEET students 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UP Govt to set flood relief camp in affected districts 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- UPPCL to set up special cell to bring down line losses 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Woman alleges rape by 40 men for 4 days, 3 held 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- EC junks Cong 60L fake MP voter ID claim 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Transporters go on indefinite agitation for various demands 21 Jul 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Senior BJP leader shot in Rae Bareli 21 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...