Body of Indian student killed in Kansas arrives in Hyderabad
The body of Sharath Koppu, an Indian student who was killed during an attempted robbery in Kansas City in the US last week, arrived here tonight.
The body arrived at the Rajiv Gandhi International airport and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya was among those who paid homage to the departed soul.
According to authorities in Kansas, Koppu, 25, hailing from Telangana, was fatally shot during a suspected incident of robbery at a restaurant where he worked. He died shortly after being taken to a hospital on Friday.
Kansas City police announced a USD 10,000 reward for information leading to the suspect and released a brief video of the suspect inside the restaurant moments before the shooting.
- Pak files counter-memorial on Jadhav's case in ICJ 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rahul constitutes CWC, convenes first meeting on July 22 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Flight attendant's in-laws to be questioned after July 20: Police 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Lets work on women's Quota, triple talaq & nikah halala together : Govt to Cong 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tears don't reflect helplessness, never said Cong troubling me: Kumaraswamy 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Flight attendant suicide case: Husband sent to 14-day judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Why Centre doesn't let Delhi government work, AAP MP asks Modi 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- SC reserves verdict on pleas challenging constitutional validity of section 377 of IPC 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Obama invokes Mahatma Gandhi in major speech in South Africa 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...