- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Burari deaths: Post-mortem report of Narayan Devi reveals she died due to hanging
Seventy-seven-year-old Narayan Devi died due to hanging like the other 10 members of the Burari family, according to her post-mortem report.
The bodies of 10 members of the family were found hanging from an iron mesh attached to the ceiling on July 1, while that of Narayan Devi was found lying on the floor in another room of the house.
The Delhi Police have received the post-mortem report, a senior police officer said.
A belt was found near Narayan Devi's body, the officer said.
The report has ruled out any foul play and said that she died due to "ante-mortem" hanging, he added.
Police had already received the post-mortem reports of the other 10 members.
The post-mortem reports of the 10 other members of the Chundawant family said they died due to hanging and no external injury marks were found on the bodies except for a few scratches, the officer had said yesterday.
"The final opinion states that the family members died due to ante-mortem hanging," he added.
Narayan Devi's daughter Pratibha (57) and two sons -- Bhavnesh (50) and Lalit (45) -- were among the deceased.
Bhavnesh's wife Savita (48) and their three children -- Neetu (25), Maneka (23) and Dhirendra (15) -- were also found dead.
The others found dead were Lalit's wife Tina (42), their 15-year-old son Dushyant and Pratibha's daughter Priyanka, who got engaged last month and was supposed to get married by the year-end.
The police had also found 11 diaries, which contained "psychological musings" and certain things written about the "road to god".
- Delhi sealing: Are officials sleeping or keeping their eyes closed, asks SC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ED files charge sheets in seven coal scam cases 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Six held for sexually assaulting Russian tourist in TN: Police 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Paper leaks: CBSE mulling encrypted question papers from next year 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- No plan to increase retirement age of SC, HC judges: Prasad 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Thai youth soccer players rescued from cave meet the media 18 Jul 2018 | AP
- Govt to revisit AI stake sale plan after oil prices, forex rates stabilise 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India' first comprehensive anti-trafficking bill introduced in Lok Sabha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 60-year-old man held for raping minor girl in Odisha 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- MiG 21 crashes in Kangra district of Himachal 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...