Burari deaths: Post-mortem report says 10 members of Chundawat family died due to hanging
The post-mortem report of 10 members of the Chundawat family, whose bodies were recently recovered from their residence in north Delhi's Burari, has ruled out any foul play and confirmed that they died due to hanging, a senior police officer said today.
The post-mortem report of 77-year-old Narayan Devi, whose body was recovered from another room, was awaited, though an initial report had said she died due to "partial hanging", he added.
The post-mortem report of the 10 other members of the family said they died due to hanging and no external injury marks were found on the bodies except for a few scratches, the officer said.
"The final opinion states that the family members died due to ante-mortem hanging. We are waiting for Narayan Devi's report," he added.
The bodies of 10 members of the family were found hanging from an iron mesh attached to the ceiling on July 1, while that of Narayan Devi was found lying on the floor in another room of the house.
Narayan Devi's daughter Pratibha (57) and two sons -- Bhavnesh (50) and Lalit (45) -- were among the deceased.
Bhavnesh's wife Savita (48) and their three children -- Neetu (25), Maneka (23) and Dhirendra (15) -- were also found dead.
The others found dead were Lalit's wife Tina (42), their 15-year-old son Dushyant and Pratibha's daughter Priyanka, who got engaged last month and was supposed to get married by the year-end.
The police had also found 11 diaries, which contained "psychological musings" and certain things written about the "road to god".
- Pak files counter-memorial on Jadhav's case in ICJ 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Rahul constitutes CWC, convenes first meeting on July 22 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Flight attendant's in-laws to be questioned after July 20: Police 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Lets work on women's Quota, triple talaq & nikah halala together : Govt to Cong 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tears don't reflect helplessness, never said Cong troubling me: Kumaraswamy 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Flight attendant suicide case: Husband sent to 14-day judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Why Centre doesn't let Delhi government work, AAP MP asks Modi 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- SC reserves verdict on pleas challenging constitutional validity of section 377 of IPC 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Obama invokes Mahatma Gandhi in major speech in South Africa 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...