Chit fund scam: CBI arrests Seashore Group director
CBI today arrested Seashore Group of companies Director Pravat Kumar Dash in connection with its probe into multi-crore chit fund scam.
Sources in the CBI said, Dash was director in all the 15 companies of the group including Seashore Securities Limited, which collected deposits from gullible investors.
The investigating agency has registered 44 FIRs in connection with chit fund scam on the orders of Supreme Court last year.
A Special Investigation Team of the agency under Joint Director Rajiv Singh is probing the scam which is an off-shoot of Saradha ponzi scam.
- Small business will be worst hit by depreciating rupee: WB CM 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Creamy layer cannot be applied to deny benefits of quota in promotions: Centre to SC 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 45 people stranded at waterfall in MP rescued, 8 missing 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee hits new all-time low of 70.32, plunges 43 paise vs USD 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Venkaiah Naidu, Amit Shah visit AIIMS to enquire about Vajpayee's health 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Southern Railways, Kochi Metro suspend operations in flood-hit Kerala 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee critical, remains on life-support system 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kerala flood toll touches 79, rains continue 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Yamuna crosses danger mark; 613 people evacuated 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rajnath speaks to Kerala CM; takes stock of flood situation 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...