Comey: Trump's requests on Russia probe 'very disturbing'
Fired FBI director James Comey said today US President Donald Trump's requests to stop probing the Russia ties of a former national security advisor as "very disturbing" and accused the White House of defaming him.
He said Trump misguided the American public when he said the FBI was in disarray last month after his firing.
"Those were lies, plain and simple," Comey said in his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
"I don't think it's for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing, very concerning," he said.
- Hope Trump will rethink decision on Paris deal: Rajnath 06 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Trump calls for travel ban from 'certain dangerous countries' 06 Jun 2017 | PTI
- India signed Paris pact not for money: Sushma 05 Jun 2017 | IANS
- US committed to curbing climate change: Haley 04 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US Supreme Court sets deadline for travel ban filings 03 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Iran must stop supporting 'terrorists', Trump says in Israel 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Democrats seek impeachment of President Trump 17 May 2017 | PTI
- Iran votes in head-to-head between diplomacy and resistance 17 May 2017 | AFP
- France's Macron appoints centre-right PM to widen appeal 15 May 2017 | AFP
- North Korea rolls out missiles, other weaponry at parade 15 Apr 2017 | AP
- Phogat's performance will inspire others: PM 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- No dialogue offer from Modi to Khan: Pak 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Bengal to examine financial aid to MSMEs through SCBs: Mamata 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kerala floods declared 'calamity of severe nature' 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Wrestler Vinesh enters history books, becomes first Indian to win Asiad gold 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- HC asks DMRC how it can justify not providing free drinking water to commuters 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Will give a strong reply when needed: Sidhu on Pak visit 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Govt has asked industrialists, biz organisations to help Kerala deal with floods: Prabhu 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Alwar lynching: SC seeks Rajasthan's response 20 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Pak wants 'uninterrupted' dialogue with India: Qureshi 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...