- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him
Rahul Gandhi today took a jibe at BJP for approaching the Election Commission to demand freezing Congress' poll symbol by alleging that he had violated the model code of conduct by linking his party symbol "hand" with religious figures during a speech.
"Dear BJP, daro mat (Dear BJP, don't be scared," he wrote on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
The tweet comes hours after a BJP delegation comprising Union ministers Prakash Javadekar and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against Gandhi and sought freezing of the poll symbol.
"The grand old party Congress' grand new leader has tried to give communal colour to the elections by his statement in which he co-related the Congress' 'hand' with various religious figures. This is a clear cut case of corrupt practice. There should be action against both Congress and its leader," Naqvi told reporters after filing complaint with Election Commission.
At Congress' 'Jan Vedna Sammelan' earlier this month, Gandhi had made comments co-relating his party's poll symbol 'hand' with gods, violating the provisions of the Representation of the People Act, 1951, model code of conduct and the guidelines issued by the Supreme Court, BJP has alleged in its complaint.
- Group led by Akhilesh is SP, entitled to 'Bicycle' symbol: EC 16 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Kejriwal gets bail in poll affidavit case 24 Dec 2016 | IANS
- Rahul Gandhi, Kejriwal wish President on birthday 11 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Be part of transforming digital India: Javadekar to academia 01 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Akhilesh replacing tyres of damaged cycle: Rahul 15 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Not blamed RSS for Mahatma's assassination, but people linked to it: Rahul 24 Aug 2016 | IANS
- Making Anandiben 'scapegoat' won't save BJP in Gujarat: Rahul 02 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Rahul blows poll bugle in UP, defends Sheila as Cong's CM face 29 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi targets Modi government over price rise 28 Jul 2016 | IANS
- Raising quality of education will be top priority: Javadekar 07 Jul 2016 | PTI
- BJP rode on Vajpayee's appeal to win allies and power in 90s 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- UP may drop Jewar int'l airport project if farmers don't hand over land: Official 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half mast 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee laid foundation of good governance: Yogi Adityanath 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee among tallest leaders of modern India: Manmohan 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India has lost a great son, will miss him: Rahul on Vajpayee 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Vajpayee nursed BJP into a banyan tree in Indian politics: Shah 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Kovind condoles Vajpayee's death 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Vajpayee's death a great loss for India: Kejriwal 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Death of Vajpayee end of an era; it's a personal loss for me: PM 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
All private and Government schools will remain closed today as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Vajpayee passed away after prolonged illness at AIIMS in Delhi on Thursday...